The Central Ranges Local Learning and Employment Network Incorporated held its 2014 annual general meeting on:
|Date:||20 May 2014|
|Location:||The Golden Reign Room, Kilmore Trackside, Kilmore|
The 2014 annual general meeting opened with a briefing of members about the results of the work of the LLEN in 2013 and the trends we have seen developing over the last 11 years. Strategies for the 2014 year were outlined from the strategic plan.
Ordinary business included:
- confirmation of the minutes of the 2013 annual general meeting and any other general meeting held since
- committee reports of the transactions of the association during the financial year 2013
- election of officers of the association
- appointment of an auditor of the association for the year
- receipt and consideration of the statement submitted by the association in accordance with section 30 of the act.
- Kylie Lethbridge – Manager Economic Development and Tourism – Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Christine Cox Trailblazer Awards
Each year the Central Ranges LLEN Board recognises people (professionals or volunteers) who have demonstrated excellent leadership in achieving education, training and employment opportunities for local young people. Each recipient is awarded the Christine Cox Trailblazer Award, and receives $500 towards their strategic projects that support local young people. The award is named after founding board member and staff member Christine Cox. Christine worked tirelessly to facilitate training and employment opportunities, especially through the Lower Hume VET and Pathways Cluster and is recognised for her outstanding achievements in our local community.
The Trailblazer award winner for 2014 was:
- Pauline Neil, Coordinator Youth Services at Macedon Ranges Shire Council – for leadership in the development of new mental health first aid program for schools, young people and parents (Live4Life).
Acknowledgement was also given to fellow Award Nominees:
- Jim Alsop Principal Broadford Secondary College (Educational Leadership),
- Barry Van Weeghel Coordinator Satellite VCAL Kyneton Secondary College (promotion of Flexible Learning Options Programs) and
- Greg Sharp Trainer in Building & Construction, Broadford Secondary College (support of Vocational & Educational Training)
Elected Board members
The following nominees were elected to the board for two years till May 2016:
|Employer/Peak Employer Group:||Doreen Power|
|Koorie Organisation:||Joe Anka|
|Chair & CEO Reports|
The Annual Report was presented to members and guests at the 2014 AGM. Highlights included:
- Macedon Ranges Training Needs Analysis and Learn Local Strategic Planning Project
- Murrindindi Training Needs Analysis reports
- Six Flexible Learning Options Program Evaluations
- Macedon Ranges Education, Employment and Training Network
- Lower Hume VET and Pathways Cluster
- Murrindindi Training Institute
- Macedon Ranges Youth Partnerships Project
Reports from past annual general meetings