The project aims to develop a Hume region Youth Commitment, and enlist the active support of the whole community to work together to support every young person to succeed. It involves key service providers and agencies involved in education, training and career and transition support for young local people aged 15-19 years.
- focuses on the young person
- will support all young people to achieve Year 12 (or equivalent)
- will include all providers of education and services for young people aged 15-19.
We will work with the four LLENs in the Hume Region. The Later Years/VETis/VCAL team will work with local schools, registered education and training providers and key stakeholders to develop and implement community-based strategies that bring all of the local players together.
Get committed – action plans
Find out how your organisation can commit to helping local young people to achieve Year 12 or equivalent. Review the action plan for your type of organisation:
- Schools action plan PDF 228KB
- Industry action plan PDF 241KB
- TAFE & RTO action plan PDF 256KB
- Local government action plan PDF 264KB
- Community organisations action plan PDF 262KB.
Mitchell Shire has developed their Hume Regional Youth Commitment Action Plan siting its key goal to “deliver quality work experience and training programs across Council for young people”.
Click on link to view Mitchell Shires Regional Youth Commitment Action Plan 5.7MB
If you are interested in getting involved or finding out more about our work with the community, please contact us on 03 5781 1014 or [email protected].